Reserving a mini storage unit is only the first step in using the storage space you need. Next, you should take precautions to make sure you are keeping your things in the best and most efficient way possible. Doing a couple of things before you enter your unit will help your unit be functional and organized. Also, you will be taking steps to retain the quality of your items while they are in storage. We’ve compiled a several storage tips to help you when you begin using the unit you found on Bronxstorageunit.com:
1) When filling your unit, keep the boxes and items you will want to access first or more often in the front and push less used things towards the back to ensure access.
2) Remove any combustible substances (ie gasoline in a lawnmower).
3) Fill boxes completely, even if it is just with newspapers, when stacking boxes to protect against the box caving in on itself.
4) Leave pathways along the walls and throughout the unit for accessibility purposes.
5) Purchase a sturdy lock for your unit.
6) If your store a refrigerator, freezer, or washing machine, leave the door or lid slightly ajar to prevent molding.